Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crazy Busy- Again!

Bad, Bad Blogger

What is it about long weekends that make the upcoming week so very long? I won’t vent, (it’s too early in my blog career for such nonsense!) but honestly- I can’t wait for 2 more days to pass so that the week is finally over and it’s time for my beloved weekend.

I brought my camera to work but unfortunately had to rely on snacks to keep going today since the day was so busy. I don’t typically eat like this and it doesn’t look like much food, but I am guessing the breakfast, snacks, and dinner added up to at least 1200 cals- so don’t worry. I also have some more chocolate peanut butter waiting for me at home!

Snacks today included:
Yogurt
Single serve trailmix (270 cals but a very generous serving)
Homemade mini muffin
Clementine
A couple of chocolate straws

I did get to eat dinner right before I left for class and that was my most leisurely meal- even if it was at 5:00 p.m. I had half of a giant spaghetti squash with tomato sauce, fresh basil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. It was awesome but nobody is fooling me- this is NOT spaghetti! I also enjoyed a beloved Granny Smith apple.

In other news, I still have a dull pain on the outside of my foot. It doesn’t seem to be getting any worse, although it’s not any better. I took some Advil this morning but decided to skip it this afternoon. My foot pain started on Monday after a Sunday night run, so it’s only been 3 days, but I am not feeling much better about it. I hope time will heal it…and if not, then I will schedule an appointment for Friday. I am not worried about skipping the gym as I can’t go even if I wanted to- I have class on Wednesday and Thursday nights and I already wake up early to make my commute, so I am hoping that Friday will be the magical day that I will recover given all my rest.

I do understand that I can do lifting, or yoga, or pilates, but I hate being constrained in what I can do and I just don’t feel like a workout is complete without at least a little cardio. What are your thoughts on resting while injured?

No comments: