Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunny Sunday

I thought I would be back to post yesterday, but the day got away from us. I love the weekends simply because you have the opportunity to wing it and make plans as you go. The good news is I had a great time. The bad new is that I didn't take any pictures of my food.

The meal highlights of the day included sushi. We always have the most amazing sushi at Joy Sushi in San Mateo and this time didn't disappoint at all. I had 3 pieces of spicy tuna, one piece of Mango Roll, one piece of Philadelphia Roll, and some other one that I can't remember.

Text Color
We went to see Defiance. It was a little long but I recommend it if you are into historical films. We had a few crackers and hummus and then went to get some frozen yogurt- my absolute favorite. We went to a self-serve place and it was really, really good.

Sunday
I can't believe it is already past 6:00 p.m. on Sunday. Today we went on a massive grocery shop, I cooked chicken breasts, spaghetti squash, and stuffed shells. It was my first time making the two latter foods and they were both really good. I think you will be seeing them in my meals for the next couple of days.


Stuffed Shells


Spaghetti Squash


Baked Chicken Breasts


Breakfast
Breakfast today was a fruit and yogurt parfait. Sprinkled on top:
  • Dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
  • a tsp or so of pine nuts
  • Cocoa powder for a morning chocolate kick



Meal Prep
We bought all kinds of good foods that should be easy to prepare. Due to our busy schedules, we often rely on leftovers for both lunches and dinners, so I am excited to make some new staples (at least for me) such as lentils and barley. I am really looking forward to my day off tomorrow and to doing some more cooking and organizing.


What do you do to get yourself organized for the work week?

I am off to the gym shortly- still not sure what I will be doing, but looking forward to some good cardio and light lifting after. Be back later!

No comments: