Sunday, February 5, 2012

24 Weeks

Hey kids!  Happy Superbowl Sunday.  Since San Francisco lost, I have even less amusement with the game, so I'll probably just watch it for the commercials, as I do something else in the background.  I'm up to 24 weeks now.  In normal calendar time, that's 6 months but since I'm due in late May, I still have a little under 4 months to go.

How far along? 24 Weeks.  This is huge because I have now reached viability.  Little boy needs to stay put and cook, but if he decided to come any time after now, he would have a good chance of survival.

In case you ever wanted to see what I look like talking in mid-sentence...

Total weight gain/loss: My last appointment showed I was up 10 pounds from my starting weight.  I'm probably up another couple of pounds.  I have stopped stepping on the scale since there is really no point.  I can't do much about it now with the exception of not eating the contents of my entire fridge.  Please don't challenge me, because I can probably make a good effort at this point.

Maternity clothes? Yes, maternity jeans, leggings, and I have one maternity top.  The rest are regular clothes.  I did go to a couple of stores and bought a cute pair of black skinny (haha) jeans from H&M's maternity line.  I'm also going to get a couple of things from Old Navy online.  I was not at all impressed with Motherhood Maternity's selection.  I'm already picky, but their selection was awful.  I'm a little upset with the skinny biotch who put all these clothes in my closet that I now can't wear, but I only have under 4 months to go.  Soon it will be warmer out so I can live in maxi dresses and skirts.

Moderately work appropriate wear- half maternity, half regular.


Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them. 

Sleep: Sleep is great. 

Best moment this week: Reaching viability, and being about 99% done filling out my registry. Work was also a little more manageable and that made life a little easier.

This week's comment of the week:

Nothing outrageous.  I must not be around a lot of people.

Miss Anything? Starting to miss feeling like myself physically a little bit and regular shopping.  The rest of the time, nothing.

Movement: Lots of movement in the evenings and the kicks are getting stronger.  Hubby can feel the little boy kick at night from the outside and I love it.  The movement has got to be the best part of pregnancy.

Food cravings: Still loving regular food and probably just food in general.  I have been putting hot sauce on most meals and really enjoying fruit.  I have a sweet tooth (pretty much back to regular standards) and I usually have some kind of a treat daily.   With the exception of sweets, I haven't had too many indulgences and I'm still trying to eat as healthy as possible.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada.

Sex: BOY!  Little boy has a name, but we aren't sharing until he's here.

Symptoms: I'm not sure if this is pregnancy-related, but I started having some shoulder and neck pain.  It fades in and out and I think it's from sleeping on my side.  It has since gone away, but I may have done something to it in yoga yesterday.  Otherwise, I feel like it takes me a while to recover from exercise a little bit longer with muscle soreness.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Feeling happy. I love that I can feel the baby move now and it reassures me that he's doing OK in his home.  

Looking forward to: Lots to look forward to- including my baby shower, being done with home renovations, and enjoying time with my family of 3 until everything flips upside down.

Exercise: Daily walks with Chino (except for one evening when hubby took him), 5-mile hike, 2 cardio workouts, 2 yoga classes.  Not bad for a pregnant lady.

No comments: