Sunday, October 4, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner

Since we have been back to the 'real world' dinners around here have been interesting. I used to have a really hard time eating dinner because all I wanted to do after work, gym, or work and grad school is grab a yogurt and crash out. I have tried to become more organized and to try to make an effort to take better care of myself, so I have been turning to breakfast for dinner.


Since our trip to Costa Rica and the overall lack of spice, I have been a tabasco and all things spicy fiend! The perfect vehicle for my addiction has been egg white omelets:





This is egg whites, green peppers, some leftover cous cous, and a big ole blob of ketchup! Al sprinkled with tabasco and sprouts on top. This filled me up and took less than 5 minutes to make!


Last week I also received some bread as most other bloggers have too! We are huge on sandwiches and I will be using these babies and will be providing a review shortly- for now, they are living in our freezer since we don't go through bread fast enough to use it fresh:





I also wanted to show a somewhat new discovery for me- coconut juice! After enjoying it on vacation and reading about the whole foods product, I was curious to try some here. I'm not sure the difference between this and the coconut water people buy, but it's awesome! The ingredient list is really short- coconut juice, and sugar cane. For 110 calories, this is a really nice pre-workout snack. We also got it at a discount grocery store for a ridiculous $.48 per can, so I hope I don't fall over from food poisoning or anything!





I'm off to run some errands and enjoy the rest of my Sunday! I have a hard time not having the premature Monday blues, but I'm trying to make the best of it!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hah! I love the egg white vehicle. My husband and I always say that celery is just a vehicle for peanut butter!

Thanks for reading my blog, I can't wait to read more of yours!