The only problem? I have never made enchiladas in my entire life, but I was going to do it one way or the other. I made some simple cilantro rice to go along with the meal, and then got onto the main event.
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 5 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, paprika
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 cup mixed shredded cheese
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 can black beans
- Lime and avocado to garnish
1. Brown the turkey in a skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika, and set to the side.
2. Mix in the turkey, chiles, shredded cheese, butternut squash, and black beans in a bowl
3. Pour a layer of enchilada sauce at the bottom of your baking dish
4. Stuff each tortilla with 1/3 cup of the stuffing and roll up- repeat until finished
5. Pour remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese
6. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melty and everything is warmed through.