Sunday, October 11, 2009

Espresso Lesson

Today we woke up ready to start our Funday Sunday.  It's actually full of errands to run, but they include retail locations, so I'm down!

I started by making my husband some eggs, because I'm nice like that:

This is my version of healthy man food:
  • 2 organic eggs
  • chicken sausage
  • peppers
  • salt, pepper, a dash of cayenne pepper
  • avocado and tabasco
I served it up all fancy for him:

Of course this was all a ploy to get him to give me an espresso lesson.  I am worse than a man when it comes to reading directions and there was no way I was going to learn to use that beauty myself.  So here is my latte lesson:

First you have to wash the cup because somebody didn't do it yesterday:


Next you scoop out some espresso grounds.  We used the Whole Foods brand:




Make sure to pack a tight, leveled amount of espresso grounds into the filter- pressure is really important in the process:


Next you pour some milk- Trader Joe's Organic Fat Free is our joint:


Then you steam the milk:



Brew the espresso, and enjoy!



We enjoyed our latte and now we are off!  Hope you are having a great Sunday!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I want an Espresso Machine =)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Thanks for the lesson - I totally want to buy the espresso machine that they have on really cheap at Costco ... and this just increased my temptation!

The breakfast you made looks excellent!

The Candid RD said...

I want a cup, please! My mom had an espresso machine when I was growing up and I became a PRO at making lattes and caps. My favorite part was making the frothy milk!