Sunday, October 25, 2009

Let's Get it On- Come On!

Eats
Yesterday was not terribly exciting food-wise.  We went to Yogurtland for lunch/snack and got some yogurt.  They have special edition spoons and new cups, so of course I jumped up and down like a little kid when I saw them:

Mine was the one on the left with raspberries, lychee, honey nut cheerios over plain tart and pumpkin spice yogurt.

I also had this new (to me) bar on our walk home at about 10 last night when my stomach was eating itself from my 4:30 dinner.  It was really good and did not taste fake at all- good job Nature's Path!

A New Trend?
There have been lots of trends in the blogworld- oatmeal, pumpkin-everything, green monsters, chia seeds, raw diets, the yoga challenge, and many others that I am probably too far behind on to capture.  What I'm proposing may not catch on, but it's worth a try!
Last night we went to a bar to watch this event:


(Image courtesy of http://www.ufcupdates.com/)
I won't spoil the results for all you fans out there, but the main event was a good fight.  In case you are wondering, this is what some of the athletes look like before their faces get pounded in:



We are not much of a sports family, but I have been brainwashed to appreciate Mixed Martial Arts, or MMA over the last 4 years of our relationship.  It was a little hard to get used to at first, but my natural aggression came out and has made me a fan!

Do you watch any sports?  Have you learned to like any with your significant other over the years?

We are waiting for my parents to come over to have breakfast and so I can get hyped up on espresso for the day!  Hope you enjoy your Sunday!

6 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

No, I don't really watch any sports. Just the Grey Cup game (like the superbowl for Canada). That's about it. Luckily, my hubby doesn't watch much either ... I appreciate that!!!

Mari said...

Ha you and Sarah (see sarah eat) can start a UFC bloggie trend =)

Anonymous said...

my fiance LOVES sports (football, basketball, and soccer), so i've learned to love them too (and he's learned to answer my really stupid questions as I try and figure out football...)

Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) said...

I hate sports.. yup! lol I grew up in a sports CRAZED town (Pittsburgh) so i think thats why i just have no interest now. I used to enjoy college football though.. tailgating is more fun!! :)
Edible spoons??? WOW.. fun :)

Gina; The Candid RD said...

First, thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog :) I'm working through the mess slowly but surely!

I am dating a sports fanatic, as most men are, and I'm lucky because he isn't TOO crazy about it (other than the fantasy sports....) and I happen to have grown up with a father who was into sports so I have always been around them, and have learned to enjoy them. A sport I NEVER thought I would like is golf. Nick LOVES golf and he has turned me into a fan too!

Anonymous said...

yummm that yogurt looks SO GOOD. thanks for the post on my blog :) i'm looking forward to reading more of yours.

xoxox,
Shelley