Thank you so much for the sugary sweet comments yesterday! I guess we all want what we don't have- hair, shoes, clothes, appearance. It's amazing that everyone is different and I think that's what makes us great!
Cake for Dinner
I take this healthy blogging thing seriously and decided that I needed to have cake for dinner. Not any cake, but a pumkin protein cake!
Diva Katie I made my cake:
- 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1 eggwhite, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, sprinkle of baking soda- all nuked for about 3 minutes.
- Iced with plain yogurt, applesauce, cocoa powder, and cinnamon
I cleaned my plate and set to work on this week's lunches! First up- hubby's monster salad:
- Spinach, mushrooms, sliced red and yellow peppers, roasted zucchini, goat cheese, roasted cod, hardboiled egg, kalamata olives, capers, and pine nuts
Of course I took some time and made my food extra weird. We found this eggplant spread at Trader Joe's. If you see it, buy 10 jars because they disappeared for a while:
- Trader Joe's whole wheat lavash
- Roasted zucchini and carrots
- Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp of TJ's eggplant garlic spread
- Wrap, roll, and enjoy!
This is the kind of roll I used- the nutritional stats are good and this is vegan, in case you care!
This wrap was very filling and I would use half of the flat bread next time since it was so big! I estimated this at about 450 cals- not too shabby for lunch!
I've got some more work to do (duh) and then I am going to hit up the gym tonight after work. I'm still working towards my birthday push-up goal, so I've got some lifting to do, but more on that later!
As we look back on the last week, we have to acknowledge the tragedy that swept the people of Haiti and even those around us. My mom's client was in Haiti during the earthquake and survived to tell his story and started a foundation in San Francisco to help the people of Haiti. Please check out his compelling story and do what you can:
Hope you all have a wonderful day!