I'm back tonight from a sweaty workout. I haven't been posting about the gym too much lately, but I've been doing the gym thang, don't worry! In my new theme of mixing things up, I ditched my beloved treadmill for a different kind of workout and it was awesome!
- 25 minutes bike intervals
- 20 minutes stairmill (the kind that looks like a mini escalator and hurts like hell)
- Pushups- 2 sets of 15, 2 sets of 10 for a total of 50 REAL ones
- Lunges- regular ones and the lunging backwards kind, and another leg exercise I don't know!
- Wall sits with curls
- Planks on the ball, side planks, crunches on ball
- Lots of stretching and a few downward dogs and cobras for good measure
I came home to attack my dinner- a different twist on the typical bagel and lox:
- New sprouted grains bread, wild smoked Alaskan salmon, topped over guacamole (Thanks Tania and Benny!!)
Also on the menu tonight was my take on the Protein Cookie Dough that I always see on Namaste Mari's Blog. I think I turned it into Protein Cheesecake Filling though, because that's what it tasted like to me!
- 1 Tbsp TJ's Organic Chocolate Hemp Protein, sprinkle of ground flax, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, stevia to taste, 1/2 Tsp unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Mix, and top with mini chocolate chips and leftover baby birthday party sprinkles.
Finally, hubby tried to redeem himself by taking a picture of me doing what I do best- staring at the screen while sititng on my butt! It's no cupcake shot, but I'll take it!