Friday, February 12, 2010

Snacker Alert

Hey Beauties!  Happy Friday!  I’m blogging from school, but don’t worry- I’m on a break!
I hope you are all getting into a fabulous weekend.  I know I just went on vacation, but the rest of the week was HARD and I needed a nice break.  I got so much done over the last three days at work and I'm feeling pretty good!

I’ve just finished a lavish meal, but first let’s get back to my snackisms earlier today.  I have to preface this by saying that I'm a reformed snacker.  I would rather eat every few hours than eat a big meal and get stuffed for several hours.  Since I can't do that at work because I am so busy, I've been eating a solid breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner.  Of course, there are days like today when I like to color outside the lines. 
Disclaimer: I did eat a good breakfast and some leftover pumpkin soup for lunch, but it was obviously not enough!

Snack #1: Tart plain and strawberry fro yo with mango, kiwi, lychee, and strawberry bites.  Woah baby!

Snack #2: 1/4 cup cashews, 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
Snack #3: 1/4 cup Cheerios and 1/4 cup Corn Flakes with some FF milk
I was good and full until about 7:30, when I broke into my gourmet dinner:
The mango was crunchy and not too ripe- perfect for me!  I chomped on it while my professor spoke about some numbers stuff.  I doctored up my yogurt with some crunch:
This was a Nature Valley Strawberry Yogurt Bar.  It was good in my yogurt, but I don't think I would eat it again.
Thoughts on Snacking
I think what this post taught me is that I should have added some healthy fats to my soup and I would have been full!  It's also way more fun to snack sometimes and it would be exhausting if I showed you every single bit that crossed my lips- I would have to quit my day job and that would be bad!

Your turn:
Are you a grazer?  Does your schedule allow it?

15 comments:

lauralei said...

the fruit pic looks SOOO great - It is midnight and I am hungry now and fighting the urge to eat - so I just had a little watermelon and cantaloupe to get me through

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

"The mango was crunchy and not too ripe- perfect for me! "
That's the way i like my mango too! Mushy fruits.....blech!

Peanut Sauce, well report back girl if you make it and how you enjoy it :) Put that nut buttah stash to use! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg said...

Oh man...I am such a bad grazer. I need to work on that!

Gabriela said...

Love the tart froyo + fruit. Yum! I'm definitely a grazer, especially when I'm bored. I'm notorious for opening a box of snacks. taking a tiny handful, and then repeating twenty times!

Katie ♥ said...

Hi snack love!!!!!!

I pretty much have either one or two snacks a day, I eat breakfast, lunch, snack , dinner, and after dinner have a snack if needed!!

I do love snacking though!!!

Mangos look so good!!!!!!

I hope your weekend is going great!!! love ya!! Hope the hubby feels better too : (

Danielle (Coffee Run) said...

I used to be a grazer back in high school. But that was just because I was bored, not hungry. Now I'm much more of a "meals" kind of person...with snacks :)

Anonymous said...

hahhaha GLAD YOU LIKED mustard too! i should try that= cut it up and stir it up so everything is nice and mustardy!!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

If I am at home I graze, but at work I can't graze very easily. I love snacks though :-)

Anonymous said...

i'm craving fro yo now :-)

peony said...

i kno what u meen about its more fun to snack! u get to try lots of diffrent things and never be overly full :D love your bloggy xxx peony

Katie said...

I've been feeling pretty snacky lately... lots of nuts, dark chocolate, kind bars and pop chips have been consumed :)

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Yeah I think some avocado and maybe some lean protein in that soup would have made you feel more full! But, like you said, sometimes just grazing all day is more fun :) I'm SUCH a grazer. I work from my home so you can imagine how much I graze. I just love to snack and I think it's a good way to assure that I get all my servings of fruits a veg, plus dairy.

The fro yo looks fantastic. We NEED a fro yo shop here in Columbus!!

Jenna said...

hey!
i just came across your blog and i can't wait to keep reading!
i would love it if you could check out mine and follow :)
jenna

Mari said...

I don't usually graze but sometimes I do....as long as I watch my calorie intake, I don't think it's that bad.

I would love some mango right about now.

Katie ♥ said...

Hello!!

Awwww thanks for the sweet comments, I love ya!! My hair is thick as hell, lots to handle, lol!!!

I know, I was so mad the girl and her little weenie boyfriend next to us made a comment about me taking pics of my food, wanted to throw a piece of bread at her head, lol!!

Happy Valentines Day to you and your lover!!! xoxo