Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh Yeah, I Have a Blog

Hey Guys!  So sorry to love you and leave you.  I kept wanting to update ya'll and then things like the two papers that I am working on for school got in the way among other things like work, the gym, and the sunshine.  It's been absolutely gorgeous here and apparently good weather makes me too hyper to blog!
First- you are absolutely fabulous and eat the same stuff several times a day.  Here is the da list:
  • coffee (me too!)
  • bananas 
  • apples
  • peanut butter
  • greek yogurt
  • almonds 
  • strawberries
  • almond butter
  • hummus 
  • cheese
  • granola
I also thought it was cool to hear what your family eats:
  • Doritos, granola bars, yogurt, clif bars, meat, ice cream, and cheese
I see a little bit of a difference between the two lists, but sometimes I could totally get down with all the snacks our roomies/significant others eat!

In an effort to not bore you to death with a plethora of apples/yogurt/almond butter/chocolate food recaps, I am going to run you through a quick highlights reel:
Best breakfast- Orowheat thins french toast with frozen pomegranate arils on top and a homemade frothy latte outside.  Love.
True story- hubby had the same thing, but more and with less fruit.


Best post-workout meal: Green monster in a humongous beer glass/vase:
True story- our florist gave these to us- she used these to hold the bridal party bouquets to recognize my hubby's love of beer.

Best workout: Several nights ago I was at the gym running on the revolving apparatus of boredom when I saw how gorgeous it was outside.  I decided to take off and ran home instead.  Look at the trail I ran on- better than being inside!
True story- Mari inspired me to get out there and conquer my fear of running outside.  I ran for 20 minutes and walked the rest and it was fabulous.

Best weekend errand: In an effort to keep me from having my typical panic attack at Home Depot (what?! they have no shoes or chocolate for me to look at) my hubby put me in charge of picking two new mini cacti plants.  It kept me amused for the ten minutes it took him to buy many pounds of animal manure for our garden.

True story: We got the yellow one and a bright orange one.  I named them because they were so cute.

I've cooked, baked, and packed up some lunches.  I've been wavering a little from my health and need a little more structure in my life, so I'm reinstating the power to say no to myself every once in a while this week in an effort to feel better and more energetic.  Sometimes chocolate for dinner is not the best option and I recognize that!  I'm off to catch some zzzzz's and get ready for the excitement that awaits me this week (insert fake corporate smile here)!!

Questions for you:
1. What is your favorite weeekend errand to run? I actually love weekend errands, but of course I love grocery shopping and the farmer's market best.  Also anything that involves Target!
2. What's your favorite strategy to feel your best when it comes to health? Mine is lots of water, green tea, and trying lots of new veggies and fruits!

13 comments:

Jessica @ How Sweet said...

I love weekends and I absolutely LOVE going to the grocery store. I think its mind numbing. :)

Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

ahh weekend errands, well i USED to love going to target until I found out everyone and their mom goes there on the weekends haha...I love grocery shopping and also clothes shopping on weekends! its the best!!

Gabriela said...

I LOVE grocery shopping, so my big weekend trips are always fun for me!! And to feel healthy, I eat tons of fruits and veggies. I feel so much better in general!

Anonymous said...

i love weekends! grocery shopping is my fav! i LOVE target too!! and i love going to sports goods stores!

Anonymous said...

I love going shopping with my mom on the weekend.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I like going to the organic grocery store :-)

To keep healthy, veggies and fruits are my #1 priority.

Katie ♥ said...

Busy Busy Girl!!!!!!!!!!

How are you??

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!!! I really aprreciate it, best compliment in the world to me is when someone says Im a great mom!!!

Anthony loved the cupcake cake and he had a great weekend!!!

I will have a slice of cookie dough icecream cake for you!!!!

SO great you enjoyed the weather and ran outside! Mike and I did that too on Saturday!!!

Love you girl!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

lizzy said...

hey girlie!!..GORGEOUS RUN OUTSIDE! sooo excited you decided to hit the streets and enjoy it! ahhh I LOVE the weekends! errands are FUN but the mall is my favorite!!! To stay healthy I am all about unprocessed natural foods and lots of movement(exercise!) I hope you're off to a great start to your monday! xoxo!

Mari said...

AWWW Thanks for the shoutout! I am so happy that you got out there and ran...that is such a pretty trail!

My favorite weekend errand would have to be grocery shopping =)

Mo Diva said...

Good for you and getting your run on1

I love the beer mug! I have several and i have beer glasses that we used at my motehrs wedding for centerpieces...becuase they were cheaper than the vases :-P

I love grocery shopping! thats my weird errand love.

Anonymous said...

haha yep a lot of my stuff is on that list!! & your 'green monster' is brown :-P hehe i like it in that huge beer glass! so fun. and yess, grocery shopping is clearly my fav as well!! for health- emergen c, lots of water, & fruit!

whatkateate said...

I love that everyone is using beer mugs to have green (or brown!) smoothies in!

Simply Life said...

Oh I love your burrito salad!