Thanks SO VERY MUCH for those who voted for me for Project Food Blog. I had a blast with the first two challenges but couldn't hang with the big kids. I am looking forward to voting for my favorites. Seriously guys- check out those entries! One thing I learned is that I'm no gourmet and I just do things my own, stubborn, way. Things are more fun that way- trust me.
Each Sunday, I do my food prep for the week and also cook a meal for the hubby and I to enjoy. Husband has been working like a mad man on his thesis because he's smart and I wanted to spend some time with him. Food always wins. We don't really have structured meals during the week so Sundays are it. It's a great way for us to wind down from the weekend and a good way for me to try to avoid the Sunday blues.
Spinach, roasted beets, marinated onions, almonds, pomegranate arils, slivered almonds, honey goat cheese and honey mustard vinaigrette.
Garlic roasted potatoes and stuffed peppers (zucchini, garlic, tomato, basil)
Ahi tuna 'cooked' in lime juice and spicy goodness, homemade guacamole, and marinated spicy shrimp
All enjoyed 'picnic style' in the comfort of our living room
I drink water out of a coffee cup and we eat our chips out of the bag (but we don't double dip because that's nasty).
I like to sit on the floor with my legs crossed for complete comfort- because who sits on couches when they are on a picnic? That's just silly.
Other dining habits?
- I eat breakfast on the run and usually show up to work with food on my face, unless my husband catches me before I get out of the car.
- I eat past 7:00 PM most days of the week because I rarely get home before 8:00 PM and have not turned into a pumpkin or melted yet.
- I eat out of the container if it's only my food- like almond butter and pumpkin butter.
- I prepare breakfast dessert on a weekly basis for my husband because I know he likes it and he gets to eat whatever he wants for his tournament training
- It almost hurts me to follow a recipe- I always have to tweak something for no reason other than my stubbornness
P.S. Any NYC bloggers up for lunch with me on Sunday, October 24? I'll be in town and would love to meet you! Email me onehealthyapple at gmail dot com