24: Roughly the number of hours I spent awake and working in the last 48 hours
6: The number of hotel food 'opportunities' I have had over the last 48 hours. This halibut was really good. The rest was alright.
4: The number of hours of sleep I got last night
3: (but realistically 8) the number of pictures it took to try to get a decent shot of my work outfit to make sure it looked OK since I didn't plan it so well. Apparently me and iPhone self-photos don't mesh. And hello booty.
2: The number of buttons I broke on my keyboard at this meeting. I'm a savage.
1: The number of recipes I will share with you tonight:
Vegan Wheat-Free Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Ingredients (cupcake batter):
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Flax eggs (~2 Tbsp ground flax to 6 Tbsp water)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Tofutti cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- Meyer lemon zest and juice (I used half of a lemon)
- Vanilla extract to taste
Instructions: I have to admit I winged this recipe and this makes a really dense muffin/cupcake. This batch will make 20 mini cupcakes or about 8 regular cupcakes. Instructions are very loose.
1. Combine all dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, shredded coconut, pumpkin spice)
2. Add in wet ingredients (flax egg, shredded carrots, vanilla extract, coconut milk, agave nectar) and mix until combined
3. Scoop batter into cupcake wrappers and bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes
4. Make frosting by combining all ingredients and mixing for 1 minute (I mixed by hand)- set in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes
5. Frost cupcakes when cooled
Ciao Bellas ;)