Sunday, November 20, 2011

13 Weeks- Originally Written November 20

You know, people who do pregnancy math are kind of messed up.  First there is the whole 9 month thing, when pregnancy actually lasts 10 months.  And then there is the whole trimester deal.  The second trimester starts at 13 weeks 3 days, not just 13 weeks, but whatever.  Happy almost 2nd trimester to me!  This week has been great.  I finally came out of my nauseated, tired pregnant lady stupor and started feeling well this week.




How far along? 13 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I will find out this week on Wednesday.  I go back in the afternoon rather than the morning, but I'm sure it won't make a huge difference.

Maternity clothes? Nope- wearing all my regular clothes. 

Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them.

Sleep: Sleeping is great!  I love sleep!  I have started trying to stay off my back and stomach and it's becoming a bit of a challenge.

Best moment this week: Telling my friends and my husband telling some more of his friends.  I still can't say enough about how sweet people have been and I have loved the reactions.

Miss Anything? Smoked salmon and spicy tuna.  Otherwise, nothing else in the world.

Movement: Nope

Food cravings: Nothing of note. This week was HUGE and I ate almond butter for the first time in 2 months.  Other than that, I'm still not loving chocolate or hummus, but I have been eating fruits and veggies and enjoying them.  Even when I was sick, I was still eating cucumbers and tomatoes and roasted veggies, so I'm happy to have received some nutrients.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just getting overly hungry, which is a bad idea anyways.  I have felt fantastic otherwise.

Sex: No idea, but I had my first baby dream and it was a cute, bald, little boy.

Symptoms: Feeling great- I did have a bit of lower back pain, but nothing too bad.

Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY now that I'm feeling well.

Looking forward to: Thanksgiving, finding out the sex in January

Exercise: I did well with exercise this week.  I went to the gym to lift and do cardio, did yoga in the studio and at home, and daily walks with the pup.

No comments: