Saturday, December 17, 2011

17 Weeks and Baby's First Tournament


This weeks marks 17 weeks down.  It felt like the first trimester dragged since I was in a constant hangover and felt like overall poo poo.  Now that I'm in the second trimester, time has been moving at a good pace and I can't believe I'm almost at the halfway point.  I am feeling good, although a bit tired, and really looking forward to everything.



How far along? 17 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I weighed in this morning and I'm up a total of 3 pounds from my starting weight.  I think that's a pretty good pace for where I am, but I will confirm with the doctor next week.  I can see the bump now and I'm hoping the bean is doing what it needs to be doing and growing!

Maternity clothes? I ordered my first pair of maternity jeans online and received them last week.  I tried them on and they fit but didn't quite stay up.  It is nice to have something in the back of my closet though!  I am also wearing some maternity leggings, which just fit lower on the stomach and are ridiculously comfortable.  The rest are all my regular clothes.  In addition, I also got a free pair of GAP skinny maternity jeans today from a girl at my husband's jiu jitsu tournament.  She got them in a shipment for free and just gave them to me.  How exciting is that?!

Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them. 

Sleep: I love sleep.  I wake up to use the loo and go back to sleep.  I've also been better about staying off the back and wake up if I am on my back and just turn over.

Best moment this week: This was another good week.  I was really busy at work and actually took advantage of working from home on Friday when I couldn't drag myself to the office on Friday.  

We also went to my husband's holiday party where we were inundated with advice and lots of congratulations.  People LOVE to give advice. 

Today was my husband's jiu jitsu tournament and I was there along with my brother and his family to cheer him on.  He ended up winning his belt's absolute division and we were so proud!  It made me excited to take our future little one to competitions (boy or girl- they can both go).  I'm only posting this picture because I'm proud- ladies...you're allowed to check out hubby just this once.

This week's comment of the week:

"Congratulations!  Do you know who the father is yet?"...this came from one of my husband's bosses and I laughed way too hard when I heard it. They like to joke around and this definitely got me.

Miss Anything? I would love some smoked salmon or raw sushi, but nothing I can't live without for another 5 months.

Movement: Nope

Food cravings: I have loved frozen mango as my evening treat and I buy watermelon at the store.  Other than that, still eating my regular foods and mostly sticking to savory foods.  Today I was offered ice cream for dinner (something that I would definitely do before), but I just wanted real food.  I'm still waiting for that uncontrollable craving to hit.  

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, just getting too tired or too hungry.  Today we 

Sex: January 9th is the day!

Symptoms: Still feeling good!  I had plenty of energy for my workouts and seeing the chiropractor really alleviated the back pain.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, happy, happy!

Looking forward to: Next week is the last work week before the end of the year!  I'm also finally getting my hair trimmed and highlighted, and hoping to get some stuff cleaned out during my break.

Exercise: A couple more rest days this week due to scheduling and busy days!  I also need to work on adding more strength workouts.  Here is what the week looked like:
Sunday: Prenatal yoga class, dog walk, and cardio workout at the gym
Monday: Yoga download and dog walk
Tuesday: Day off
Wednesday: Dog walk, cardio at the gym
Thursday: Dog walk, cardio at the gym with pushups and stretching after
Friday: Dog walk and rest day
Saturday: Dog walk and rest day

In other news, my first born child met a pony today at the park by our house.  It was the best day of his life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember craving sushi like crazy!! I always opted for the vegetable rolls to satisfy the craving!