Thursday, April 19, 2012

34 Weeks

This past Saturday I hit 34 weeks of pregnant lady status.  This is the big leagues- getting close and definitely through a big part of my third trimester.  Overall, I'm still feeling really well and in great spirits.

How far along? 34 weeks



Total weight gain/loss: I'm definitely up a couple of weight classes from my starting weight, but it is what it is.  The belly feels heavy!

Maternity clothes? Mixing and matching everything I have. It's the survival of the stretchiest in my closet for now, but I refuse to get anything else for the last 6ish weeks.

Stretch marks? None yet.

Sleep: Still sleeping well.

Best moment this week: I had a great week overall with no complaints.  We had a nice night out with friends and it was really good to be social and enjoy great company and a great meal.  Each night that I get to spend at home with my favorite boys is great.  I also finally picked out a couple of things for the baby that are my style.  I am incredibly thankful for all the clothing we have received, but 99% of it was blue and (shocker) I am not too into blue.



This week's comment of the week:

An older couple walking their dogs asked me if I had a baby under my sweater...then proceeded to tell us how euphoric the experience will be and how wonderful childbirth is.  This was a welcome change to some of the crazy shiznit people usually say, even if their comments are not intentional.

My advice for any idea/thought you have or if you ever want to say something to a pregnant lady: "You look beautiful." Simple and does the trick.
Miss Anything? Meh- not really.

Movement: Constant movement.  I can see when he's poking me and he's always rolling around in there.  The movements are now all bigger sweeping movements rather than the little jabs I used to get.

Food cravings: I'm so thirsty now, so lots of water, the occasional peach iced tea, and milk. Other than that I have been eating all the basics. The baby has been having a lot of roasted asparagus, but it's mostly because I like it and because we discovered Chino LOVES asparagus, so it's a snack the whole family can eat!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, feeling good!

Sex: BOY!

Symptoms: I'm feeling great. I have a lot of energy these days and the body aches have not been anything to complain about.  I seem to be a human oven and get a little warmer these days.  I can also feel the weight of the belly towards the end of the day.

Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm feeling generally happy. Life is good.

Exercise: I went back to prenatal yoga and it was really good for me both physically and mentally.  I also made it to the gym a couple of times in week 34 and have spent lots of time walking with my favorite personal trainer- you would want to take this face on a walk too!

No comments: