Friday night was our wedding food tasting! We are getting married in San Francisco and my favorite part of the venue is the lobby!
It was really fun and interesting to see the possibilities as well as the presentation of the entrees. The bad news is that the pictures are still on my mom's camera, but I'll try to update them. We got to choose 3 selections to taste so that we could make our choice. The salad course and second course will be fixed, but our guests will get to choose their entrees.
Here were our choices for the salads:
- Arugula and Radicchio Salad with Shaved Parmesan, Lima Beans and Lemon Vinaigrette
- Hearts of Palm with Bay Shrimp, Butter Lettuce and Herb Vinaigrette
- Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts and Sun-dried Tomato Basil Vinaigrette
- Penne Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce
- Cheese Ravioli with Arugula, Pine Nuts and Olive Oil OR Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Crab Cakes with Asian Slaw and Spicy Sesame Aioli OR Red Pepper Coulis
Here is what we picked for the entrees:
- Roasted Tuscan Chicken Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Pan Seared Halibut Tomato Basil Beurre Blanc
- Filet Mignon with Dungeness Crab
After much tasting and consideration, we decided that the bold ones above will be our choices! I still want to change the sauce on the raviolis as the one that comes with it is a little bit too rich- do you have any ideas? The chef is willing to work with us and we are really excited about it. Only 8 more months to go until we get to eat this stuff!