Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spinach Week and Other Ramblings

This weekend I was not in the mood to hit up all the stores we usually visit for our groceries, so Costco it was. In addition to 5 pounds of carrots, onions, apples, a ginormous bag of Stacy's Pita Chips, we got 2.5 pounds of spinach. This is a LOT of spinach folks! Not one to be afraid of a challenge, I declared that I would finish this spinach before it went bad whether I wanted to or not. I figured out that the best way to get this to a manageable task is to wilt it. I have been wilting spinach like crazy. Here is tonight's dinner:

Spinach with celery sticks, spicy hummus and spicy mustard:





And to divert myself from more of those Costco cookies, a Cajun-style tortilla with 1 tbsp almond butter and a granny smith apple:




I also had some green tea with a Pumpkin Pie Kashi bar:





Workouts!

I've been going to the gym since Saturday and I have been getting back into running as well as other cardio and stretching to keep myself from getting sore. Tonight I went to the gym for 25 minutes elliptical intervals and a slow 1-mile run on the dreadmill. Now I get to squirm for my 2-day break as I have grad school on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm simply not a morning person with my loooonnnnng commute, so I take these as my rest days- being awake and alert from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. is workout enough, but I still would rather move around.


Other Eats

I have been eating over the last few days (and boy have I!), but things got a little busy. I'm going to go catch up and comment on some lovely blogs. Here is a small re-cap of what I have been cooking with and consuming:


Rice paper for spring rolls:




Spring rolls:




Wraps filled with tofu and spinach...lots of spinach:




Costco cookies:

No comments: