Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day All Over Again

It's official- we are both sick. This means a lot of things, but it also means that I go on an erratic vitamin search and my sense of taste is strangely off. It also means that I get a little high on some Tylenol cold in an effort to not fall asleep at my desk. I am a little sensitive to medicine and I get the feeling that my head is floating a foot or so above my head. I also have the impulse to pretend like I'm sober throughout the day.


I started my day with a stop at Walgreens to get some Vitamin C. I think one is supposed to take it before getting sick, but I double up in hopes that it will help. I found these gummy vitamins with Echinacea and snapped them up. The vitamins are topped with my next dose of Tylenol Cold- how is that for food styling? I also had the same banana oats as yesterday along with my drugs.





Lunch today was provided by my boss. We were all on conference calls and she decided to order in some pizza so we could get our grub on. Nice, right? I broke down at noon and grabbed a piece of mushroom and cheese pizza...and took a few bites and remembered to snap a photo. Then when I grabbed the second piece, I did the same thing and it was not worth another failed photo attempt, so use your imagination. I did the girl pizza blot with several napkins but the melty cheese was goooood.





At 5:00 I had my dinner- 1/2 cup cheerios and 3/4 cup Special K with a sliced banana and 1/2 cup light soy milk. It kinda tasted like it sounds and since everything is starting to taste like plastic, this basically filled me up.





I also had a few almonds a little before leaving- of course spicy works as dinner dessert:





When I came home, I got the sweetest surprise. Future hubby was at the store buying Dayquil and he bought me some vitamins- this is seriously the sweetest thing he has done besides asking me to marry him. AND...they are chocolate!





I got home at 9:30 and my stomach was growling again. I had a sliced green apple with a tortilla filled with 1 Tbsp almond butter...except for I ended up opening the tortilla, scooping out the AB, taking a bite, and throwing the rest away.





The tortilla tasted like nothing, so I had this instead:





We are watching some bad reality TV in bed right now and I'm calling it a night. I think they say "starve a fever, feed a cold" so I have done that today at around 1500 cals.
Tomorrow is Friday!! Happy Dance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!!

When are you getting married?

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It was really sweet of you!

I'll definitely be reading!

Yelena said...

Hi Leah,

We are getting married September 6th of this year. Can't wait!

Mari said...

Thank You Mansana for always motivating me to eat a little healthier everyday!