Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's the remix

Today was my second day at the job and things got quite a bit busier. I guess I should have enjoyed my first easy day but I am glad to have new challenges- I hear it keeps the mind young. I started out my day with 1/2 cup oats and a banana cooked with 1 cup of water in the microwave at the office. I also had some coffee with a splash of light soy milk:





I got a little hungry at around 11:30 and had some Trader Joe's spicy almonds. I love the little kick these have and held my hunger off for another 2 hours:





After taking a short walk around the block, I settled in to eat some lunch. I had to pack this in the morning and I get a little creative. This is leftover tofu from yesterday, 2 large organic carrots, one (tasteless) tomato, and a tbsp of sundried tomato and basil hummus. I had an impulse to add some mustard for dipping but it just didn't do anything for me. I got an assignment and it took me nearly 90 minutes to eat this:





The rest of the afternoon looked like this:





And I had about 1 cup of Cheerios/Special K mix at 4:00 p.m.:





It worked to keep me full until about 7:00 when it was time to go to class. I thought I would get hungry so I bought this Minneola (it's a glorified orange) and some Dark Chocolate M&M's snuck in. I must be coming down with something because I only had a couple and put the pack away.





I did get hungry when I got home from school at 9:30 and made another pizza, this time topped with the remainder of the 2.5 pounds of spinach we bought 2 weeks ago and tofu. Tofu does NOT melt like cheese, but it was gooey in its own way. While it was baking, I had 3 chips with hummus...another Costco purchase if you can't tell by the size:





The finished product is here, but I ended up dipping or soaking it in BBQ sauce once it came out of the oven:





I'm seriously feeling a little sickly so I am about to drug myself with some Nyquil and call it a night. Have a great evening and I'll check back in tomorrow.

No comments: