Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Healthy Junk Food

Happy Tuesday!

I hope you had an easy Tuesday back at work if you had Monday off. Today I started my new job and so far so good. I managed to take pictures of all my eats today except for breakfast and a sneaky little bit of dried fruit.


Today was officially junk food day- done right. Lunch was fries- butternut squash fries. So ok, it was half of a ginormous squash, and I felt the cooking spray action, but these were fries, people! I took inspiration from http://lovinmytummy.wordpress.com/ (Sarah) and THE fitnessista (Gina) and finally made them. If you haven't had butternut squash fries, do it and start living! On the side is some baked tofu with curry seasoning- it was just ok.





Lunch dessert included a green tea and an apple:





And at around 4:00 I enjoyed some Chai tea and this cherry kiss- all I have to say is ick! This kiss was the fakest excuse for a chocolate I have ever had.





The next part of my junk food day was pizza. I had a whole wheat pocketless pita topped with spinach, 3/4 of a tomato, 1 oz goat cheese, and parmesan cheese. It was very, very, good. I had this with a chopped carrot and some celery sticks. Look at the before picture:





And after:





Food magazine-worthy, huh? Dinner was hurried along since I went to the gym for a quick cardio session. Today was just 30 minutes of elliptical intervals- I wasn't in the mood to really move it, so this was all I could really do given my hunger level. I also need to mention that I have a paper due tomorrow and I have at least a couple of hours of work to get it ready- I know I will wait until the last minute (emailed to the teacher by 5:00 p.m.) but I am trying to get as much done as possible tonight.


I just enjoyed a dessert of thawed frozen blackberries, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, and a slice of my mom's honey cake all mixed together. It was very, very good and now I must learn. Have a great night!

No comments: