Monday, February 16, 2009

Glorious Monday

What a great way to spend a Monday- off work! Today we had a great time and filled the day doing my favorite things. We went shopping, worked out, grocery shopping, and I cooked. We started out with a late breakfast. My oatmeal and piece of homemade honey bread kept me full for 6 hours and through a workout! It was awesome.

My shopping trip was devoted to getting some new work clothes and other fun things. I haven't shopped in forever since we have been saving for the wedding so this was a really fun treat. I must admit that I am not the hugest shopping fan- it takes me a long time to find what I like. I ended up walking away with a black dress, dress pants, and 2 tops- all for around $50- the sales were insane today!

My workout consisted of a 40-minute run. Since I am working up to running, I set time limits for myself and I have to complete the run over the course of the limit. I try to keep a good pace but allow myself to slow down just so I can keep running. I don't think this rationale comes from any legitimate training schedule but it works in my own world. I ran 3.56 miles and stretched right after.

After our shopping and gym trip, I came home to have a late lunch (around 3:30). I cut up 2 humongous carrots and made an egg sandwich since the hardboiled eggs had survived the fridge for several days and needed to be eaten. My sandwich was made from the following:

  • 2 slices Milton's whole grain bread
  • 1 egg
  • Spicy southwestern mustard (our store brand)
  • Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
I also dipped my carrots in some TJ's sundried tomato and basil hummus. Somebody watched me plate my food and stared like a puppy until I offered half of the sandwich- I just can't say no to that cute face!

The carrots did their job and filled me up and the other half of the sandwich was great.





We are both settled down on the couch doing my homework (I swear I'll start after I finish this) and I just finished my snack. I had half of a sliced granny smith apple with 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese and 1 Tbsp of my new syrup (only $.30 on clearance). I also had a camera-shy cookie.







Off to study and get ready for my day. Have a great evening!

No comments: