Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthday Weekend Wrap-up

I am finally winding down from my birthday weekend. Around here we celebrate for an entire weekend, and since my birthday was on Saturday, the festivities began on Friday night. My fiance picked me up and had a beautiful bouquet of roses for me. I spent the evening cleaning up and setting up for our party and made some cupcakes and my cake. I used the box recipes and omitted the oils, but there was no culinary masterpiece here- just some good ole fashioned cupcakes.

I also put together a cheese tray with crescent cheese-filled rolls, spinach flatbreads, grapes, and lots of crackers. We also had chips, guacamole, salsa, and hummus- all courtesy of Trader Joe's. We had a bowl filled with Trader Joe's Oatmeal Cranberry dippers, meringues, and chocolate covered grahams. People definitely grubbed on these snacks once the drunk munchies set in. Now, without further ado- a photo recap of the party:


Food:



Food Platter:




Alcohol:




Alcohol in my Ariel cup and a lei courtesy of our florist friend:






25-year-old Birthday Girl!




The best fiance in the world:




I am so thankful to my friends and family for making my birthday weekend and making me feel so special and loved. I always whine about birthdays and all the work but this weekend was all worth it.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Hey love! you look so pretty for your bday, I am glad you had a good time =) YOU DESERVE IT!

the food looked yuuuuuuuuums!


BTW; yup I did make the shrimp and it was delish and soooo easy lol