I just wanted to quickly post and let you know I'm still alive, just trying to balance some things and unfortunately blog time is being eaten up by:
- Psychotic work hours
- A marketing product on Nantucket Nectars (without any samples- so rude!)
- The notion of wedding planning- No, I don't do it all the time, but I am constantly being asked questions and planning little parts of it, so the anxiety is still there
One thing I have posted about before and am still struggling with is managing stress among my mix of activities. I start out each day with a plan but often get blown out of the water and overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work that comes my way. I am hoping to change some things around but I have recognized the following things:
- I don't do well without taking a break- I am one of those people who NEVER takes lunch because I am too overwhelmed at the amount of work I have- this results in inhaling my lunch.
- I can't go 10-11 full hours of work and concentrate
- I can't steady my mind to go to sleep after a long day at work and school
- I miss exercise and I get anxious without it
I haven't talked about this before (or maybe I have) but my restrictive and/or poor food habits come out under stress. I was a cross between hormonal/tired/stressed on Monday night and that involved 3 cookies and some chocolate- no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn't match my goals and it was not a wise choice- it was stress-induced. Today, I felt so angry that I felt nauseated, and only had yogurt for lunch, which left me unsatisfied and led to several snacks instead of a healthy dinner.
I am going to figure out a way to resolve this. There are some obvious solutions:
- Leave the office for even 15 minutes each day
- Make a list of absolute Must Do items to prioritize
- Breathe, breathe, breath
- Plan and consume normal meals and snacks
Phew- ok, done with my rant. I hope to resume regular posting soon. I have 2 product review that I would like to share with you:
I leave you with one of our favorite pictures:
What, normal people don't dress up like Flava Flave for Halloween?