Monday, April 20, 2009

Cowgirl Chocolates and Other Fabulous Things

Cowgirl Chocolates!

Last week I was fortunate enough to get a sample from Cowgirl Chocolates! The chocolates came in this adorable little box:



And inside was another adorable package:



My intern and I were hard at work trying to diligently sample the treats. The sad part is it took me nearly a week to get through everything and I still have one left. I must say that I really enjoyed these chocolates!

Here is the description from the site:


Cowgirl Chocolates are sweet and spicy gourmet chocolates for adventurous chocolate lovers
and packaged as unique beautiful gifts for any and all occasions.

Though I received samples of the spicy chocolates, I leaned more toward the mild truffles.

Here are the flavors I tried:

Mild truffles:

Pure Milk Chocolate -
milk chocolate plain and simple

Double Dark Chocolate -
pure dark chocolate plain and simple

Ivory Orange -
white chocolate with a creamy milk chocolate orange infused center

Raspberry lemonade dark chocolate -

an old cowgirl recipe blended to perfection with raspberry, lemon and deep dark chocolate


Here is the Raspberry lemonade dark chocolate:



The flavor was so rich and complex, it knocked me off my chocolate lovin feet!

Other Fabulous Things:

I have taken care of some of that stress stuff by letting it go. There's nothing I can really do about being busy, so I'm trying to be more efficient during the day and look forward to the weekends!

  • I had an awesome workout today:
2-mile run and 15 minutes on the elliptical- holy cardio goodness. I'm getting a little sore in my knees again, so I'm mixing up the impact on my knees!

  • I have been eating some (lots) of Maranatha Almond Butter. While I have been devoted to TJ's brand of almond butter, I loved the $6 something price at costco and it has lasted forever! Yay for buying in bulk!
  • I have a bit of an obsession with theknot.com. It tells me that there are only 111 days until my wedding and makes me giddy and paranoid- a happy combination! I look at stuff like this on there (image courtesy of theknot.com):
  • I have rediscovered cottage cheese, flat out wraps, and Better n' Peanut Butter (all together). Check out my buffet...also tonight's dinner:


Well now that I have finished my ramblings, I'm off to shower and watch my other obsession, How I Met Your Mother. If you haven't seen it, you haven't lived. Seriously.

6 comments:

Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now said...

Eeek I just love hearing about wedding count downs.. you must be so excited! I know, because I am too!

Love the reviews... I especially love truffles.

I haven't been able to try Flat Out Wraps yet... I hope to soon, they alway look so good!

Mari said...

OMG that chocolate looks and sounds soooo good! send me some ASAP hahahaha.

wow you are almost Mrs. Stripper!

Sharon said...

Oh chocolate!!!
and yes to Costco! =D That is where I get my almond butter tooo

Graze With Me said...

Yum those chocolates look great. I can't find Flat Out wraps around here, can you tell me what kind you get and what the nutritional stats are??

I love How I Met Your Mother, do you watch the Big Bang Theory on Mondays too?

Countdowns rock, I'm at 39 days until the wedding, yikes!

Yelena said...

I like the Flatout Light Original. They have 90 calories, 9grams of protein, and 9 grams of fiber. Not sure how that all fits, but they taste good!

I looked on their site and it looks like they are nationally available- plus you can order online!

39 days! Yikes- are you losing it yet?

jpno said...

i live in the town where that chocolate comes from! mmmmmm its so tempting not to stop by and get some everyday! haha.