Guess what I packed for lunch with me today? My adult ADD-induced lack of interest in my salad last night faded when I came out of my sugar coma this morning.
As promised, here is my recipe for easy lasagna:
- TJ's no-boil lasagna noodles (I used about 6 of them)
- Tomato sauce of choice
- 1/4 cup each of red onion, bell peppers, cilantro
- 3/4 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 package of frozen spinach
- 1/3 pound ground turkey (browned and cooked through before layering)
- Topping cheese of your choice
Layer the ingredients as you wish:
I did meat, veggies, ricotta, then noodles again. Then you top with more marinara and cheese of your choice:
Once you finish layering, bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. Since all the ingredients are cooked, you just want it all to cook through together but don't be too concerned about any raw food in there. This is a plus since I lose track of time while cooking.
I think this can serve 6 people or so and offers a good veggie serving along with some protein and pasta- a separate food group in my opinion!
Hope you are having a good Monday!