Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Night


So Halloween night took a little more out of me than I thought!  We had a great time and I will look back on it as a really fun night with friends!
Before I forget, like I forget everything else, I want to thank Tania for the beautiful mangoes she gave me as my Trick or Treat present.  These are delish!  Have you ever had golden mangoes?

We got ready to go party in the city and took the train there both for safety and because the bridge is still broken.  I ate an almond butter sandwich since I didn't know if there would be food there.

Can you guess what our costumes were? 

We went with a Soviet theme and I was a White Russian and my husband was a Communist. 

We had lots of fun with the new moustache.  I'm convincing him to grow one.

We also had a couple of drinks.  Apparently I was very interested in the wine.

And took a closer look before having some and then going to dance like a crazy person.  We had a great time and safely took the train home after which I promptly slept for 10 or so hours.  


Today we continued the celebration since Halloween is our 4 year dating anniversary!  We went to our favorite restaurant, Metro Lafayette.  We each enjoyed the Tuna Poke and I had the grilled artichoke while my love had the brussels sprouts.  We shared our veggies and ate a loaf of bread together.  It was glorious.  Here is my hot date for the night:


And this was what he got:

I was obviously very excited for my dinner.  Everything was delicious and most of all, the experience was even more wonderful because I got to spend it with my hot best friend.

8 comments:

Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

great costume idea! I haven;t seen that one yet!

looks like you had a great halloween!!

Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) said...

Super costume!! Looks like a fabulous Halloween :) :)

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Didn't your mother teach you to NOT play with your food??!! haha, jk. Love the pictures, and I especially love you and your hubbie's costume! And, his face in that picture is classic.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I love the costumes! And Happy Anniversary :-)

Anonymous said...

I loveee mangoes....best trick-or-treat gift ever!

Mari said...

Ha the stripper looks too cute! And you look amazing!

pero you should be drinking Vodka not wine!!!!

Feliz Anniversario!!!!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing said...

Adorable costume idea!! You guys look great :O)

Katie ♥ said...

Loved your halloween costumes! I love when people do unique ones!!! Looks like you had a great hallowenn!!!