Rule 1: Eat Breakfast
I started out each morning with breakfast and lattes left for me by my working hubby:
Breakfast 1(Monday): Microwave protein pancake:
- 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, scoop of vanilla protein powder, scoop of flax, applesauce
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes until gooey and melty
- Top with frozen blueberries (if you feel like eating ice cream), vanilla yogurt, and cocoa powder
Breakfast 2 (Tuesday): AB&P Sandwich
- Persimmons and almond butter topped on Ezekiel's sesame bread
The secret to the fullness factor may also be my homemade double shot lattes:
Rule 2: Exercise
I also worked out with 35 minutes of bike and 20 minutes of treadmill intervals as well as walking and cardio shopping!
Rule 3: Shop in Your Sweats
Another indicator of being a good housewife is shopping and only wearing sweats all day long. I bought myself two books that I have been dying to read in said outfit:
- Super Freakonomics
- The Omnivore's Dilemma
Rule 4: Cook Dinner
In order to be a good housewife, one has to make dinner. I was heavily procrastinating my closet organization project and I made A LOT of dinner:
- Roasted zucchini (salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder)
- Sweet potato rounds
- Roasted carrots
Rule 5: Get Really Excited to See Your Husband
We ate dinner and just finished watching a movie and now I am ignoring hubby while I blog. Before I ignored him, I tortured him with an impromptu photo session.
It's a good thing I had nothing to do with the artistic direction for our wedding pictures!I'm out for the night! My next post will be a recap of the year and possibly some un-resolutions for next year.