My New Eating Strategy
Foods have been less than stellar. I've been following a strategy called "what amount of vegetables can I shove in my face to be able to eat dessert" Exhibit A:
I also had this fabulous persimmon:
Today's dinner was inspired by a nearly empty hummus container:
It's not like I'm some kind of an Oats In The Jar inventor, but I have to say this was quite innovative given the limited resources I had. I knew I wanted roasted veggies and had to finish my hummus. Licking the container was out of the question. I present to you- the Hummus Bowl(TM)!
You just heat up your roasted veggies (carrot fries, butternut squash, broccoli, and brussels sprouts) and then transfer them to your nearly empty hummus container.
It's also good to get awards! Awards make me smile like crazy! Miss Mari gave me this HAPPY 101 AWARD! This girl is awesome and always makes me smile!
Here are the rules:
1. List 10 things that make you Happy
2. Tag 10 Bloggers that Brighten your day
10 Things That Make Me Happy
1. Sleeping in on Saturday mornings (even if it's only till 8:30)
2. Chocolate and almond butter- together or in that order.
3. Lots of fiber-filled fruits and veggies
4. Long bike rides with my hubby
5. Getting my hair done- especially when I don't have to flat iron it myself!
6. Sparkly things, especially sparkly presents
7. Achievements- I love doing well in school and work and getting that pat on the back
8. My nephew- his face makes me smile.
9. My supportive and loving family (especially hubby)
10. All things health- treadmill running, weights, healthy foods, and learning from the blogging community
10 Bloggers Who Make Me Smile!
1. Everyday Foodie
2. Abby's Vegan Eats
3. Healthy Diva Eats
4. The Candid RD
5. New Weigh of Life
6. Healthy and Sane
7. Missy Maintains
8. Simply Fabulous
9. Eat Move Love
10. Dining & Dishing
Phew! That took a while. Now I have to crank out some productivity and finish this paper so I can get on with life! See you soon!