Hey Beauties! Today was a fun bloggie comment day. I loved hearing about your juicing experiences. I think the key to making my juice less icky is the addition of fruit, particularly citrus. I'm not done with Mr. Juicer quite yet.
A couple of you humored me and asked how I made the raw-ish crackers. There is no real recipe. I took the pulp of the juice stuff, mixed with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper, and popped into a 350 degree oven. I let them 'bake' for about 20 minutes, then left them in the oven overnight. When I took another look in the morning, there was still moisture, so I let them 'bake' again by heating the oven to 350 and leaving them in the oven for the rest of the day once it shut off. Follow me? These are the obstacles girls without dehydrators go through! It would work best to probably leave the oven on for 40 minutes the first time, then leave in the oven. I'm sure the raw ladies can help you get a legit recipe!
What I do have a recipe for is my Zucchini, Arugula, Pink Lady Apple, Tempeh, and Fancy Fig Salad
I packed it all up in my tupperware for work. Once I got there, I warmed it up for a minute and added some TJ's Champagne Vinaigarette. Sounds strange, but it was good! Look at the cross section of my fancy figs:
Speaking of my guy, I'm on my own tonight. Hubby is on a business trip, but surprised me by coming home to have dinner with me before he left. I know- we are newleyweds. I had already inhaled this dinner when he called me to say he was on his way:
- Sprouted grain bread, egg white, pepper jack cheese, guacamole, and hot sauce
Crabcakes with wasabi aioli:
- 1/4 can of the GOOD crab meat (I got mine at TJ's- where else?)
- 1 eggwhite
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Spices to taste (I used paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper)
- Olive oil spray
- Optional- cheese (for me, it's not an option- cheese makes my husband happy)
- Mayo of choice and wasabi mustard. Mix like crazy, depending on your preferred level of spice
- Hemp protein powder, vanilla yogurt, greek yogurt, Trader Joe's mixed berries, cinnamon, and white chocolate chips
I love your comments and I love to know what you think! Is there anything you would like to see a post on? Tell me!
Have a great Friday!