Family Food Bloggers
I started off by meeting with my mom and shopping my little heart out. I hit up Macy's and Forever 21. I'm no longer 21, but I refuse to shop in the adult stores. Not yet...besides, since my birthday is coming up, I'm trying to embrace my youth! We also hit up Sam's Club and Trader Joe's. My mom is turning into a blogger in training- we got her some almond butter and I shared my goji berries and chia seeds with her. If I catch her taking pictures of her food, I'm in trouble. On my other side of the family, I'm already getting emails about what kinds of fish to eat and have fully converted them into my almond butter cult :)
My dad, however has always been a blogger, minus the photography. My dad has been drinking Noni juice for the last 5 years or so. He's also a machine and runs 3 miles almost daily, lifts weights, and swims...all on top of his physically demanding job. I sampled some of his superfood juice today:
I came home to unload my loot:
- Organic apples, organic spinach, cage free organic eggs, raw almonds, laughing cow cheese, brown cow greek yogurt, and bananas
I cooked up a good meal for my working hubby and after that I went to the gym to do apparently nothing:
When I came home it was still sunny and beautiful (I'll stop bragging soon) so we took dinner outside.
1/4 cup PB
Juice of 1/2 lime
3 Tbsp Maple/Agave Blend Syrup (from TJ's)
Glug of soy sauce
Tabasco, black pepper, chili powder
1 Tbsp water to thin it out
~1 clove crushed garlic
Thank you Avery- you are a genius!
My husband, who loves veggies as it is, was finding excuses to dip stuff in the peanut sauce and cleaned out the rest of it- definite success! I made more right after dinner too!
- Roasted veggies, GIANT beans from TJ's, brown rice, and broccoli wth peanut sauce
Hubby's Espresso Brownies:
- 1/2 package of brownie mix of choice (I used Ghirardelli because they are from San Francisco and AWESOME)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee or 2-3 shots of espresso
- Top with almonds or pecans
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes (or while eating peanut sauce with a spoon)
Something to do...
I'm so glad, excited, overwhelmed, and pleased that now more than my hubby and mom read my blog! I am, however, trying to update my blogroll and want to capture all of your blog updates. Can you please leave your url for me so that I can add you all and properly stalk you? Thanks in advance!
How are you doing in introducing people to your food and fitness lifestyle?