Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Husband Makes a Smoothie

A while back POM Wonderful sent me some free samples of their Pomegranate juice to try out.  This post is a review and expresses my honest opinion- this stuff is good and get ready to spend your dough on POM.

I was thrilled and placed the adorable little bottles in the fridge to cool down. I am not much of a juice drinker, but I know of one guy who is- my husband.  Slowly but surely, my juice stash was disappearing and I had one suspect.
When I checked no more than 2 days later, ALL of them were gone.  Very interesting.  I was  interested in the juice stats (from the POM website) but my husband didn't really care.  He just said it was good.

POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice is a little bit sweet, a little bit tart and a whole lotta healthy. Bursting with superior levels of naturally occurring antioxidants it’s 100% authentic, 100% delicious and 100% pure, meaning there’s no added sugar, colorants or cheap filler juices. We have also provided over $34M in funding to support scientific research on POM products at top institutions around the globe so raise a glass to life. And the pursuit of healthiness.
All of POM Wonderful Juices:
  • contain no added sugars, preservatives or colors
  • are a good source of potassium
  • are gluten-free
  • are flash pasteurized to retain both flavor and nutrients
  • are certified kosher
Lovely, right? When I asked my husband what he thought of it, he said it worked perfectly in his smoothies, and chugged straight from the fridge.  Before I knew it, this massive bottle started coming home with us almost weekly from Costco.  Below is my husband's smoothie recipe. 
**Please note that he is in a weight gain period for a tournament right now, so please don't come after me if you get all yoked and stuff.

Husband's POM Smoothie:
  • 2 scoops Monster Milk
  • 1 cup tropical frozen fruit
  • 3-4 oz POM Juice
  • 3 oz carrot juice
  • 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
  • Scoop of ground flax
Blend all ingredients

Enjoy!
In other news, this weekend wrapped up the end of wedding season as my cousin got married.  I love weddings and I'm also glad the season is over!  Gratuitous photography ahead!

Here is an outfit shot from this weekend.
We also got some pro pictures back from my other friend's wedding earlier this summer and I loved this one.  We seem to have a good time together :)
Question for you: Do you have any good smoothie recipes? 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! The only smoothie recipe I have is the classic green monster one....handful of spinach, 1 cup of milk and a frozen banana.

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

LOL get all yoked. haahha love it.

What kind of tournament is he gaining for?

I love the blue dress you wore to the wedding. So pretty.

Mo Diva said...

LOL

you look hot, mama!

excellent smoothie to the hubs... sounds like if i had that much pom in hte house cheese eater would think "OOOH pretty!" lol

I like smoothies with bananas, almond milk, and a lil chocolate pb. yeah.. not the healthiest.

Katie ♥ said...

OK ....................

FIRST, Love that smooothie combo, sounds amazing! Hubby is a smoothie master! Love it!!

SECOND..........

U LOOK HOT AS EVER IN THAT DRESS!! U both look great, LOVE the dress!

THIRD..........

THanks for the sweet comments, Anthony is a stunner! Hmmmmm not sureif he meant to have his bookbag hanging low, It was heavy! lol!

LAST...........

I def need to go now to the foodbuzz festival!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking I really want to, I have to see if anyone else going, trying to get roomies for hotel! It saves money and good idea!! OMG I would so love to meet you too!

Missy said...

You look so pretty!! Love your dress and hair! I wish my boy made himself healthy smoothies lol.

kalin said...

girlie you have the cutest dresses!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I love POM ... when I make smoothies I usually throw in different things all the time, so I don't have any recipes that I can think of.

Mom on the Run said...

My husband is a POM addict now after the POM people were so gracious with a sample. He makes a Pom and Soda Water spritzer with mint every night. He swears by it!

Gabriela said...

You two look so gorgeous together!! I love that color on you- bright blue is my favorite clothing color :)

Beth @ DiningAndDishing said...

I always do the same: a cup of vanilla soy milk, a banana, 6 frozen strawberries, a tbsp. of flax and 2 handfulls of spinach. Not that original but very good!

Mary (A Merry Life) said...

I've never done a POM smoothie but it looks nice. I tend to stick with basic green smoothie. :)

Allyson Vaughan said...

Love Smoothies!

I freeze bananas because they give the smoothie the best consistency!

1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup water
1 frozen banana (cut in to piece prior to freezing!)
1/2 cup of frozen mango
1 cup of raw kale
1 TBSP of Flax seed
And anything else you want :)

YuM