Since it's the start of the school year for many and we are getting back into the regular grind, I wanted to share some of my tips for food prep. I made all of this on Sunday and it took me 90 minutes.
1. Start with breakfast- the most important meal of the day. I like to make waffles on Sunday and either refrigerate or freeze them.
overnight oats ahead of time, prep some smoothie ingredients, or make sure you have everything in your fridge for toast and almond butter (my favorite).
2. Have your grains prepped ahead of time. For lunch, I make some grains to use throughout the week. I used this multi-grain mix from Trader Joe's for one option:
Here is an example of Hubby's lunch tomorrow using the multi-grain mix and roasted chipotle honey chicken and carrots:
6. Be flexible- sometimes you don't feel like eating what you made. In fact, I usually don't. I like to keep a lot of staples on hand to make something quick. A few favorites are listed below:
- Spinach/herb mix for salads
- Sandwich ingredients: bread, cheese, condiments
- Fresh chopped veggies or fruits
- Frozen fruit for smoothies
- Hummus with multi-grain chips/crackers, salsa, guacamole
entered my giveaway yet? DO it!