Maintaining a happy and healthy lifestyle...one apple at a time.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
How to Make Holiday Cookies
I haven't been doing too much holiday baking and I'm fresh out of holiday parties to attend. Luckily today I had the chance to make and decorate some cookies. I know a lot of people get overwhelmed with the holidays, so here is my easy process for making holiday cookies. Put on your sweats, tie your hair up, and let's get baking!
1. Pick an assistant to help you out. You should check his resume for a list of skillz, but clean hands and a sweet Puma sweat suit are the core competencies for this task.
2. Make the recipe easy and work together- if boxed ingredients leave you more time to play, then do it. I promise Martha won't come hunt you down every single time.
3. Get the prep work out of the way so you can play. This is where a second assistant can help.
5. As much as you want to take over, relinquish control. Little ones work better when they have the freedom. But this does not give you an excuse to slouch on your posture. Seriously.
6. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
7. Remember to eat real food on the days you bake to practice moderation and avoid sugar rushes.
8. Sit back and admire your hard work.
9. Make food fun. Eating contests are good for the soul.
10. Remember to laugh and smile. That's what the holidays are all about.