As promised I wanted to give another update on our new eating plan since it has been 2 weeks. I am proud to say that I am 2 weeks sober today- no chocolate or coffee in.2.weeks. That is insane for me! Would I jump into a pot of coffee and a dark fudgy brownie?! Heck yes, but I haven't yet! This week has been fairly easy. Overall I'm happy with how things are going and looking forward to seeing if this lifestyle is something I can maintain. Here is a short recap and a few highlight of my favorite eats:
Highlights of the week:
- Planning, planning, planning! All lunches, dinners, and snacks were packed for hubby (and me most of the time) and I also made a lot of progress pre-cooking for the week (go me)!
- Trying new foods and snacks (like my new beloved millet)
- I've kicked my coffee habit and feel great
- Eating lots of almond butter and avocado
- My vacation ice cream weight is gone and I'm holding stable at my happy weight
- We have been eating so.many.veggies- I have gone through 5 pounds of carrots this week and will soon be orange. My favorite dinner is this millet, mixed greens, kale, onion, garlic, and sauce-filled salad:
Things that can use some improvement:
- While planning for hubby has gone fabulously, I have found myself a little unsatisfied. I had to resort to buying these before the gym so I wouldn't pass out, my snack was missing, and that's just stuuuuuupid. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? These were yummy!
- I should make my own juice. I bought this kale, cucumber, lemon, celery, apple juice for the price of a down payment on a condo. No bueno. I need to stop being lazy and make my own. It was so good though!
- I'm not sure if I'm getting enough protein because I get hungry pretty quickly after meals. I'll be sure to monitor this week
- I'm probably mixing up some foods in the wrong combos and in the wrong blood type, but I'm flexible and this is not meant to be restrictive
In my last post, I also mentioned that I would do a quick fitness update. I haven't been accountable lately and I think now is the time. I'm still LOVING my yoga classes. Loving them! However, while on vacation and hiking, I did notice that my cardio was not where it was before and I have decided to incorporate more cardio into my routine. This may be the first time in my life that I'm eating and exercising for health and I want my fitness to reflect that too.
My goal for now is 3 yoga classes and 3 cardio per week. I tend to lean towards yoga, but the gym has been fine and I have had a chance to zone out, people watch, and listen to some ghetto fabulous beats while I pretend I'm in a music video in my head. Am I the only one? I am still not running like I said I would, but when my new shoes come in, I might give it another try. Always time to try something new, right?
Questions for you:
1. What kind of music do you prefer to listen to when you workout? Rap and a little Euro trash house for this lady
2. Do you have any new exercise plans going on right now? I'm adding in some cardio for my ticker.