Now onto more trivial issues....When we came back from our vacation I went all hippie with my eating. I did food combining, blood type diet, kicked caffeine, chocolate, and gluten. I even successfully went vegan for a week. This weekend I caught a flu that knocked me on my behind and felt like I was dragged face down in the gravel for several miles. I enjoyed my first latte in 6 weeks because I needed it and it knocked my socks off. It was like angels came down from the heavens and I was surrounded by rainbows and unicorns.
I want to be honest with you guys, so here goes. So why the sudden change of heart? I don't think my lifestyle is sustainable and it's a little too limiting. Husband certainly feels the same way. I was having a hard time feeling satisfied with not being able to eat foods that I have eaten for years and it's honestly not very practical. Chicken soup was off limits for my cold and I needed ginger ale so that I could calm my stomach, so that was that. I haven't completely fallen off the track, but I'm going back to 80% on hippie crazy diet and 20% off hippie crazy diet. I will continue to follow the following guidelines:
- LOTS of fruits and veggies (duh)
- Limit my processed foods and refined sugar intake
- Drink lots of green tea and indulge in coffee on the weekends
- Make dessert special- either homemade or OMG-I-just-died-and-went-to-Godiva-heaven-amazing
- Explore different sources of protein (quinoa, millet, veggies, and some soy)
- Eat organic dairy and goat's milk dairy when I want it
- Limit gluten consumption to worth-it items
- If I want it, I'll eat it
So that's all. I don't feel guilty or bad, just normal and that's OK with me.
And since I can't fathom a single thought without thinking about my fluffy creature, here is my prince training me this weekend: