Monday, March 21, 2011

Square Salmon Cakes

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get any awards for the title or for the recipe, but I made square salmon cakes!  Like crab cakes, but salmon and not round, but square!  I'm easily amused here, so let's entertain me for a few minutes.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can wild Alaskan salmon (I used Trader Joe's brand)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1 shake white pepper seasoning
  • dried dill to taste
  • garlic powder to taste
  • salt to taste
Directions: 
-Mix all the ingredients above
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees as you mix everything
-Spray muffin tins (they don't have to be square) with olive oil/cooking spray
-Fill muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden
-Enjoy

Optional: Sweet Chili Aioli Sauce
  • 1/4 cup organic mayo
  • 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
Mix together and serve in your favorite sauce contain.  We were classy and ate ours in our mini I <3 NY mug.

You can eat these from square plates, but that's optional too.  One recipe will serve 3-4 people as an appetizer or one very hungry husband.

No comments: