Monday, April 4, 2011

Life Lessons From My Personal Trainer

How the heck did we get into April already?!  I hope it's nice where you are. It's been near 80 for the last few days after weeks and weeks of rain.  Prior to the last six weeks I only checked the weather to make sure that my hair wouldn't get messed up.  Now that we have our furry child I stalk the weather forecast to plan our daily walks, weekends, and his arrangements on weekdays.  I realize we are obsessed here, so just humor me.

While I thought I would get cuddles and slobbers out of our adopted dog, I never knew how much of a personal trainer our little guy would become.  He happily gets my husband out of bed early on weekday mornings and gets me to come home and walk him no matter how lazy I am feeling- even in the rain.  And even in the dark.  Any chance we get we are out hiking and exploring the open space around us.

Besides a certain duck chasing incident that left me flying forward and skinning my elbows, I have really enjoyed the push my guy has given me to get out and even start jogging.  I call him my personal trainer and he does it for free as long as we cover room and board.

Please note Chino's guide to personal training:

1. Make sure you are properly hydrated before, during, and after your workouts.
 
Get your friends together and head out for exercise- you'll be able to motivate each other.
 
Admire your view once you get to the top- hiking is hard work!

Reward yourself with a treat after a hard workout.

Stop to pose for a glamour shot and show off your muscles.  Which way to the gun show, baby?

1 comment:

Roz said...

What a fun post. Love the dog pictures. Have a great day.