Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The 'Before'

Hope this Wednesday is going well for you guys!  I spent my morning with the little furry boy (the dog) taking a walk around the park and doing some generally sniffing- you know how it goes.  I am slightly more energized and looking forward to a long weekend. 

Since this once used to be a food blog, I'm about to share the disaster that is my kitchen- we are in the middle of a remodel.  Fancy paint color, right?
We are so fortunate and blessed to have help from my father-in-law and eventually my dad in these renovations.  It is so.much.work and my only contribution has been accompanying the hubby to endless home improvement stores, tile stores, and other places that do not sell delicious food or shoes.  I also make and bring the boys lunch.  So very ladylike of me but we really do not want my 'services' in this part of the remodel.
And the husband?  He has been the project manager extrordinairre.  This man has been on top of everything and has been working his butt off to get things done.

For now, here are the 'before' pictures.  The kitchen has been functioning and livable and I have used it for the last 3 years.  I realize there is nothing wrong with it, but we are upgrading it for a more modern feel and to customize it for ourselves since we plan on being in this house for a long time.


Did I mention it will take 4 weeks or so and we will be without a kitchen for 4 weeks?  Yep- it's true.  There will be a lot of wraps, salads, and sandwiches in our future but it's all worth it.  It's another excuse to get in one of my favorite (and excessive) treats- pomegranate arils.
One being not particularly impressed with the renovations is Mr. Chino- he doesn't need much as long as he has his food and his bone.

No comments: