Thursday, September 15, 2011

Foodbuzz Tastemaker: Sargento

Disclaimer:  As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a gift card to buy some Sargento cheese.  The opinions below are my own.

I like cheese- I like cheese a lot.  We buy cheese and since our kitchen is under construction and currently looks like this, the gift card we received was a lifesaver and made up our dinner.



Despite being a (sometimes) food blogger, I am not a huge cheese fan.  I like goat cheese and the stinky kinds, but any sight of mold and I'm out.  I'm talking about you- blue cheese. Bleh!  When I went to select some sargento cheese for my tasting, I chose pepperjack and cheddar.  They sounded like easy choices and cheese that I normally buy.  For the competitor, I chose a store brand swiss cheese because it's really hard to mess up swiss cheese.

I also bought some grapes, pears, cucumbers, stuffed olives, cherry peppers, and added the mixed nuts I had in my pantry.

Here is the Sargento platter:


Here is the competitor:


The verdict: I really liked the pepperjack.  It had a nice zing to it and had a good texture.  I noticed that the sargento cheese was not shiny like the other and just seemed a little more natural.  The cheddar was just a regular cheddar- nothing to write home about.

I did have two other assistants- the hubby and the puppy.  They were torn on which they liked better but the husband noted that he couldn't tell a huge difference in quality and liked the swiss cheese more.

And puppy? The cheddar won him over.

No comments: