Saturday, November 26, 2011

14 Weeks


After my last post, it's safe to say I let the cat out of the bag and I'm finally sharing my pregnancy.  I promise I won't go into anything uncomfortable, but I wanted to have a record of my journey for myself and to print out and share some day with junior.  I have seen these questions on blogs all over the place, and here is my update for 14 weeks.  My 'weeks' start on a Saturday, so I just completed week 14 and will start week 15 next Saturday.  Pregnancy math hurts my head. Here we go!


How far along? 14 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: At the doctor's appointment I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  It was about 4:00 PM and I already had a bunch of meals and water, so I'm calling it about even.

Maternity clothes? Nope- wearing all my regular clothes.  I was cleaning my closet yesterday afternoon and hubby came in and told me I was showing.  I can tell a difference, but it disappears by the morning time.

Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them.  I have no idea if it will work or not, but I'm trying.

Sleep: Sleeping is great!  I love sleep!  The doctor told me that since I'm still not big, I don't have to worry too much if I wake up on my back, which happens all the time.

Best moment this week: Telling a couple more people, coming out on the blog, and Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for and I feel great.  I also told my favorite yoga teacher why I wasn't doing the twists and it was so nice to have her support, since she's pregnant too.  I also got to hear the baby's heartbeat at the doctor's appointment and it was reassuring, as always.

Miss Anything? Not really.  I wanted sushi and got a cooked roll at Whole Foods, so an easy problem solved.

Movement: Nope

Food cravings: Nothing of note. I am still the most boring pregnant lady in the world.  I still don't like hummus or chocolate (I know, I know), but everything else is normal.  I have been enjoying salads, lots of fruit, Greek yogurt, and almond butter.  I will report when I eat something terribly unhealthy or nasty.  It will be my pleasure ;)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just getting overly hungry, which is a bad idea anyways.  I have felt fantastic otherwise.

Sex: No idea, but my dad keeps saying it's a girl and I had a strong gut reaction against it.  There is probably no validity in it and I'll know on January 9.

Symptoms: Feeling great- I did have a bit of lower back pain and hip pain, but nothing too bad.  I am loving getting stretched out in yoga!

Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY now that I'm feeling well.

Looking forward to: Everything.

Exercise: I did well with exercise this week.  I went to the gym to lift and do cardio, did yoga in the studio and at home, and daily walks with the pup.  I am feeling strong and energetic and I love it.  I lost my heart rate monitor watch (but my silly butt has the strap) so I still can't determine how hard I'm working and think that will help immensely with knowing when to push myself.  I have been using the 'talk test' and just listening to my body.  A new concept!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How in the world did I miss this? CONGRATS!!! You're going to be a wonderful mommy!!!