Monday, November 28, 2011

Pasta Sauce and Smashing Pumpkin (pie)

Happy Monday!  I hope getting back into the grind wasn't too painful.  I just pretended it was Tuesday or something and just got my booty in here.

As part of the Foodbuzz tastemaker program, I received some Classico® Light Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce.  I received the product for free, but the recipe and review are all my own. 
I decided to go the untraditional route and do a baked quinoa pasta.  Did you know such a thing exists?  I didn't, but I knew that the added protein would be beneficial and I went with it.

I added the following ingredients:
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa pasta
- 1/2 cup each of peas, carrots, and onions
-1/2 container of Classico® Light Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce
-1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
-3 natural spicy Italian chicken sausage links
-salt and pepper for tasts

Baked at 350 for 35 minutes and it was ready to go.  I ate it with some marinated roasted bell peppers in apparently extremely dim light:

I also wanted to show you my Thanksgiving experiment/crime scene.


I only like the filling and the hubby is cutting weight for a tournament- we massacred the poor adorable pie:


Can't say I regret it in the least bit- it was delicious!

No comments: