Thursday, November 17, 2011

Planning Pays Off!

For me, planning this week made sense and made sure that I had tasty, healthy food usually waiting for us.  I should really use this theory for other things in life, but baby steps for me.

Yesterday, I made my own salad bar and packed in butternut squash, tabouli, and egg salad in my glass container.  When I got to work it was all mixed up.  I am glad I'm not a freak about food touching.  It was still good!

Earlier in the week, I had purchased a pound of grass fed organic beef at Trader Joe's and made a really simple broiled burger with it last night.  I added paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and chopped onions to the mix and stirred in a little BBQ sauce to give it smoky flavor.  Then I served it on a whole wheat English muffin with aged cheddar, mustard, ketchup, and pickles. 

It was good and nothing a fast food place could top.  The whole thing took me 20 minutes from start to finish.  I also had the rest of my butternut squash in a sea of ketchup.  The best part is that I broiled several more, so we have leftovers to recycle.
Oh- and my planned snack?  A spiced pumpkin bar from the hubby.  I haven't had any pumpkin at all this season (bad blogger, I know), and this was my first foray into the wonderful orange goodness for the season. Yum!
Do you get freaked out if your food touches?  I know it can cause some controversy!

No comments: