Tuesday, November 15, 2011

12 Weeks- Originally written November 15

Another week has passed and I made it to 12 weeks.  I had 12 as the magical number in my head because it seemed more substantial.  If the very few people we told asked how far along I was, I could say 3 months instead of 6 weeks or 9 weeks, or 11 weeks.  It's all mental, I'm sure.  Here is my weekly update- of course a few days late. (pardon the picture- it's hard to take self portraits and I never know where to look).
12 weeks 3 days


How far along? 12 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I won't know until I go back to the doctor in a week.  I weighed one evening at the gym and was at my regular weight.

Maternity clothes? Nope- wearing all my regular clothes.  I will live to regret this, but no real change in shape for now.  Maybe it's because I have a long torso and wide hips?  No se.

Stretch marks? Nope- but I bought some good smelling moisturizer stuff.

Sleep: Sleeping great except for the nightly potty break.

Best moment this week: Seeing the little apple on the big screen at our ultrasound.  There was a strong heartbeat of 169 bpm. I also started telling a couple of people and it was such a relief.

Miss Anything? Some extra energy would be nice

Movement: None that I can feel.  I did see the little one waving its arms and moving its feet.

Food cravings: Nothing of note- a pretty boring pregnant lady.  I did go to town on some caesar salad at a work meeting, but that was because there was nothing else appetizing.  I'm still not into chocolate or sweets.


Anything making you queasy or sick: The ultra premium hangover started fading by Friday, but earlier in the week it was train rides and any time my stomach feels empty.

Sex: No idea.

Symptoms: Still tired, slightly queasy in the evenings, lower back pain.  Feeling pretty good overall.

Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY

Looking forward to: Thanksgiving, weekends, 2nd tri.

Exercise: Big news in the exercise front- I got back to lifting with the hubby on Friday night.  I got in a yoga class and daily walks but missed a couple of workouts due to weekday plans and a long week at work.  

No comments: