Saturday, December 10, 2011

16 Weeks

This week the baby websites tell me that at 16 weeks, the bebe is the size of an avocado.  So after all this avocado talk, I definitely ate some guacamole for an afternoon snack.  It was good.  I'm feeling good overall and enjoying most of my days.  A lot of the time I feel like my normal self until I get a little tired.  I can also tell that my temper is shorter (sorry hubby) and I can get a little tired during the weekdays, but other than that, I'm as happy and excited as ever.  Here is this week's recap:




How far along? 16 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I'm pretty sure that I'm up a couple of pounds from my starting weight.  I tried weighing in at the gym on a weeknight with all my clothes on and all the day's food in me...the number was going up- I guess that's a good thing.  I should know for sure after my appointment on the 23rd.

Maternity clothes? Nope- still wearing all my normal clothes.  I do love leggings, my stretchier jeans, longer tunics, longer sweaters, and boots over anything more uncomfortable.  I have an order of maternity jeans coming next week, so we'll see if I'm ready for it.  I do see a bump now each morning and have noticed that I am not quite a bump flaunter yet, especially at work- it still looks like I may have had a few too many tacos.  Once I get a bigger belly, then I'll wear the bump hugging clothes.

Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them. 

Sleep: I love sleep.

Best moment this week: This week was great.  I loved our family day at the beach this past Sunday and spending every day with my boys.  I also made cakeballs with my nephew and got to see him twice this week and that always puts a bright spot in my day.  

This week's comments- a mix of both cute and inappropriate:

1. "Were you trying?"...um, thanks for asking but I don't know you and if you aren't in my bedroom, it's none of your business. This came from a co-worker.
2. After jogging at the gym next the hubby, he tells me "That's awesome.  With your cardio, the baby will be able to do 7-minute jiu jitsu tournaments right away!"

Miss Anything? Nope.  Life is grand but I could go for some sushi.

Movement: Nope

Food cravings: Still nothing crazy. I drank milk a few days this week, but this is because I am trying to up my calcium and protein.  In addition, I'm still loving the savory and salty foods.  I had carrot cake in the house all week and I ate a measly slice.  I hang my sweet tooth in shame.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I sat next to a smoker on the train and it was so bad I had to move.  I am sure it made him feel special, but I was going to toss my cookies.  Otherwise, the nausea is gone.

Sex: Still won't know for 4ish more weeks.

Symptoms: Feeling great for the most part.  I went to the chiro to check out the lower back pain and the mental adjustment and very minor neck adjustment really helped.  I crashed out on Friday night after a long week, but otherwise feeling like my chipper self :) 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.

Looking forward to: My friend is coming home for the holidays, baking for friends, and our holiday break.

Exercise: This week was a good exercise week.  I got 2 unplanned rest days, but I was crashing out and needed them!  Here is what the week looked like:
Sunday: Beach walk and gym cardio and strength workout
Monday: Yoga class and dog walk
Tuesday: Lifted with hubby and cardio (elliptical, bike, and treadmill)
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Short dog walk and rest day
Friday: Rest day
Saturday: 2 dog walks and 75 minute yoga class

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good, Mama!