Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: First Time

I'm testing out this whole What I Ate Wednesday deal from Peas and Crayons.  I'm not what you would call consistent when it comes to blogging, but I thought it was something fun to do since my food is back to normal and I'm eating to keep more than just me full.  Here we go!

Breakfast: Millet toast with almond butter and sliced banana, decaf homemade hemp milk latte on the side. Sadly I didn't get to finish my latte this morning since we were running late and my brain got all jumbly.
422 cals, 8.5 grams of protein

I made it through my commute and a couple of meetings before I hit up my morning snack: organic fat free cottage cheese and 1/4 cup granola
200 cals, 17 grams of protein


Another couple of hours later, it was time for lunch.  I had chicken soup leftovers and I promise I did eat out of a bowl and there was some broth in there:
281 cals, 16 grams of protein



Afternoon snacks came before the end of my work day.  First a honeycrisp apple.
80 cals

Then a few carrots dipped in peanut butter.
210 cals, 8.5 grams of protein


Finally, dinner was something completely random- a roasted chicken sandwich on a mini baguette (not the whole baguette :) ) with mustard, pickles, grilled onions, and melted cheese, cherry tomatoes on the side.
404 cals, 25.5 grams of protein



Then when that was all done, I broke into some leftover carrot cake from our dinner party this weekend.  I'm estimated 350 cals and 3 grams of protein.  Let's also pretend it looked like this:

Source

My totals came in at 1975 cals and 78.5 grams of protein.  I am pretty sure the carrot cake got me to my recommended calorie intake and it was quite good- it also powered me through my evening workout.  Calorie counting is exhausting and I don't think I'll continue it with this exercise when I do it again (if I remember to), but it was good to see where I am on a typical 'hungry day' and if I am getting enough protein, which looks like I am.

Do you ever post all your food in a day?  What do you think of this format?

No comments: