Sunday, January 29, 2012

23 Weeks


Hey kids!  Hope you're doing well.  I flaked on last week's update since the weekend was so busy and got away from us.  Here is my 23 week update.

How far along? 23 Weeks



Total weight gain/loss: My last appointment showed I was up 10 pounds from my starting weight.  It was a big jump in 4 weeks, but I seem to be on track and measuring well so I'm not worried about it.  



Maternity clothes? As you can see from the side angle, there is no hiding the bump. I would also like to take this time to thank the magical powers of stretching Lululemon yoga pants. I'm still mixing and matching regular and maternity.  I officially have no work pants and have been all over the leggings and dresses and a couple of pairs of maternity jeans- both of which don't really fit too well- I know my booty did not shrink, but I get saggy butt in them.  I'm going to tough it out a bit more and perhaps do a little bit of a shopping trip soon :) 

Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them. 

Sleep: Sleep is great. 

Best moment this week: Family has been wonderful this week.  I am such a lucky girl and I have the dream team planning my shower (the grandmas and my sister-in-law) and they have been all over it.  I also looked at baby furniture with my MIL and we think we selected a set.  I also looked at the travel stroller system with my mom and I think we are set.  Both parents are getting us these big ticket items and we couldn't be happier.  After a rough week at work, it's so nice to know I have great support at home.  The hubby continues to be wonderful and we ventured into the baby store together to register for a few things and he did a great job!


This week's comment of the week:

A sweet couple in a store asked me how far along I was- that was a first for me and the woman was pregnant as well.  Kinda fun :)  

Miss Anything? I could go for some sushi and smoked salmon.

Movement: Baby boy is getting stronger!  I feel him moving after lunch, and in the evenings when we all settle in for the night.  I love the movement- it puts a smile on my face each time.  I especially love that my husband has been able to feel the kicks.  I think he's putting together a training plan for him already.

Food cravings: I am following the 80/20 rule.  Most foods are fresh and whole foods and the others include dessert, and probably a little more salt than usual.  I am gravitating towards eggs and red meat, loving all fruits and veggies, and chocolate has made a comeback.  

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada.

Sex: BOY!

Symptoms: Shortness of breath even though I feel great when I'm working out.  I think my lungs might be starting to get squished.  Also a little hip and minor lower back pain from time to time. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Perfectly happy.  I was worried about my stress levels at work this last week, but there is not much I can do with the nature of my job.  I am trying to take lots of deep breaths and realize that I can control my reaction to the environment, not the other way around.  Besides that, I still love being pregnant. 

Looking forward to: My baby shower, spending lots of family time, and introducing Chino to his baby brother.  



Exercise: Daily walks with the doggie and some kind of movement daily.  I missed yoga last week because of the doom of work, but I did some elliptical and I'm content in getting movement in on most days.

No comments: