Saturday, January 7, 2012

Half Baked! 20 Weeks


We are at the half baked point here! I'm roughly 5 months pregnant and feeling good!  I am still in a bit of denial about how quickly time is flying, but we have lots to look forward to and so far it's been a great journey.

How far along? 20 Weeks


Total weight gain/loss: 2 pounds up as of week 18.  I weighed myself this morning and I was up a few more pounds after breakfast, water, and my latte, so I'll get an official weight at my next appointment in a few weeks.  The belly is growing!

Maternity clothes? About the same as before. I mix and match mostly my regular clothes with a few longer tops I bought.  I only have 3 articles of maternity clothes and I'm finding looser things to be more comfy.  This shirt dress is from H&M- it seemed to fit fine in non-maternity.  I'm sure this honeymoon will be over soon enough.

Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them. 

Sleep: I am sleeping well and mostly staying off my back.  If only I could avoid the multiple field trips to the little blogger ladies room...

Best moment this week: I got to see family today for my nephew's birthday party and we talked all kinds of baby stuff.  

This week's comment of the week:

With the anatomy scan, I wanted to document the following sex predictions:
My uncle, dad, hair stylist: girl
My nephew, mother-in-law, and most bloggie comments: boy

How they figure this out, I'm baffled- the chances are 50%, no?

Miss Anything? Not much

Movement: I sit and try to feel for movement- still having a hard time distinguishing movement and digestion.

Food cravings: Still eating most of my regular favorite foods.  There is definitely an increase in appetite- especially on Thursday and Friday- I was starving.   Other than that, I'm still enjoying fruit (especially organic bananas and oranges), tomatoes, cucumbers, eggs, breakfast foods, and almond butter- nothing too unusual.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada.

Sex: January 9th is the day! That means it's on Monday morning!  We want to see a baby with all 10 fingers and toes and healthy organs and it won't hurt to see if baby is a boy or a girl.  I hope baby cooperates for us!  Any last guesses are welcome- I hear it's quite the difficult decision- 50%!

Symptoms: Still swollen gums, a little bit of pulling on my lower abdomen, and a little bit of shortness of breath.   I was also feeling a little more tired towards the end of the week, but it could be due to being back at work after my break.  Otherwise, still feeling fantastic.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, happy, happy!

Looking forward to: the 'big' ultrasound on Jan 9th and registering :)

Exercise: I kinda blew it on tracking, but I was able to get in lots of walks, 2 cardio sessions at the gym, and a yoga download and a live class.  I'm hoping for better yoga attendance next week and I also got a new yoga DVD.  I'm still happy that my body allows me to exercise and it does wonders for my self esteem.

I'll probably post on Monday or Tuesday once we've had a chance to tell people the sex- assuming all goes well!

No comments: