Monday, March 12, 2012

29 Weeks


Here we go with yet another week of this thing.  The funny thing is I used to think how long it would take to get to the third trimester and now I'm here and it's flying again.  I've decided 30 weeks is a good time to freak out- but for now 29 weeks is working for me.

How far along? 29 weeks


Total weight gain/loss: I went in again on Friday and I'm up 20 big ones.  I must be carrying a toddler in there or something.  I can definitely feel the weight in my heavy belly now and my cheekbones are on vacation.

Maternity clothes? Yes, and yes.  This weekend hubby and I took a trip to Target so I could get some longer tanks for working out.  I'm starting to look like Homer Simpson in some of my workout tops.  I also need to figure out what I'm wearing to my shower in 2ish weeks...the goal is something that makes the bump look cute without making the rest of me look quite as robust.

Stretch marks? I got a new vitamin E oil from Trader Joe's...still hoping I won't get them.

Sleep: Sleep is still great.  I occasionally wake up on my back but I'm still sleeping through the night and only wake up early in the morning to freak out about work, but usually fall back asleep.

Best moment this week: In health news, I'm still feeling really well since my cold went away and heard that I passed my gestational diabetes test (woo hoo!).  We also made more progress on our house and the baby's room has hardwood floors all done now.  Oh, and we are getting some stuff from our registry delivered to the house...I get all giddy and open the packages :)

This week's comment of the week:

Someone asked me what I was having at the coffee shop.  I think it's now safe to say that I'm obviously pregnant.

Miss Anything? Nope. But I do want sushi and lox when I'm done being pregnant.  Make notes, family.

Movement: Lots of movement and he's getting closer to my ribs.  He also squirms around when I'm laying on my side and I usually have to turn because I think I'm squishing him.

Food cravings: Welp, I was eating a popsicle tonight when hubby took my picture and those have been my go to dessert (and ya know, chocolate).  I also killed this mediterranean plate for lunch last week without even blinking.  I've been eating roasted asparagus like it was going out of style last week as well.  I guess it's a good combination of healthy with a few treats...and eating like a lumberjack.



Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, feeling good!

Sex: BOY!  

Symptoms: My lower back has felt tender again over the last few days.  I was doing a lot this weekend and it could be related, but I'm trying to keep it stretched out with cat cow pose.  I also got my blood work back and I'm slightly anemic, so I get to start taking an iron supplement.  Besides feeling heavier, I'm still happy with how well I have been feeling.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and busy.  I joke that because I'm carrying a human I get enough work for two people at the job...I'm the only one who finds this amusing and it doesn't work to lessen the workload.

Looking forward to: My baby shower (in 2 weeks, eek!), maternity leave, and meeting my sweet boy.

Exercise: Walks daily, 2 gym workouts including full body weights circuits and cardio, and one yoga practice.  I'm aiming to get more in this week and still really enjoying movement.

Oh- and in case you were wondering about sympathy cravings, I let Chino try my all fruit popsicle.  He approves....and don't worry, I rinsed off the puppy drool before I had the popsicle.


No comments: