Monday, January 26, 2009

A Delicious Mix-up

Dinner Mix
I spent much of today mixing it up. Remember when last night I posted about the tofu sandwich I was so excited to eat? Well I also made a sandwich for future hubby and placed them right next to each other. I was positive I grabbed the right one, but to my surprise, I was greeted with a lovely turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch. Of course, I ate it right up and decided to have the tofu sandwich for dinner just now. Here it is with 3 humongous carrots. I also added a little yogurt dressing but it was too shy to take pictures.



Workout
Before I could grub, I tested out my new shoes with a workout that I like to call "5 More Minutes." There is no science to this, I just argue with myself the whole time convincing myself that I will be done in 5 more minutes, resulting in more time than I would have normally done.

Tonight's 5 More Minutes Stats:
-5 minutes jog
-10 minutes on bike hills
-10 minutes elliptical intervals
-2 Triceps exercising
-2 abs exercises
-Stretching

I wasn't wearing a HR monitor, but I came out sweaty and tired, so it did the job.


What do you do when you don't want to keep going at the gym?


Future Husband Mixing it Up
Ok, the theme is probably getting out of hand, but I am feeling sassy, so I'm going to keep going! I wanted to share with you how guys re-fuel post workout. This smoothie is not for the weak!

Ingredients:
  • Frozen mixed fruit (peaches, blackberries, strawberries)
  • 1/2 banana
  • Yogurt
  • Odwalla green juice
  • Orange juice
  • 1.5 scoops of whey protein (170 cals per scoop!)

Of course you don't measure, because that would be silly



And you would never, ever take the time to find the lid



Finished product:



I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm wrapping things up with a shower and some TV before I hit the sack. I am on my beloved couch and I ate a Costco cookie. Nothing like a cookie to bring your dinner cals up, right?

Have a great night!

No comments: